Trust, honesty, humility, transparency and accountability are the building blocks of a positive reputation. Trust is the foundation of any relationship. – Mike Paul
The use and collection of personal information are only for providing and improving this blog. It enables a better understanding of what content and products the users want to be displayed and provided. It also enables advertisements from other organizations on this blog, which I earn money from. The information collected on this blog might also be used for future marketing communications to you. For example newsletters, marketing or promotional materials.
This blog does not collect any sensitive information such as details about your race, ethnicity, religion, political affiliations, or sexual orientation.
Example of log data that might be collected is your computers internet protocol address or “IP”, browser type, browser version. For statistical purposes the pages you have visited, the time and date of your visit, and for how long you have spent and on which pages it might be collected. This data might be used by third-party services such as Google Analytics or Google Adsense that collect, monitor and analyze this data.
What Are Cookies
Cookies are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
Like many sites, this blog uses “cookies” to collect information. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some features of this blog.
If you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through this blog, your order information will be collected. This includes certain data such as your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
For more general information on cookies see the Wikipedia article on HTTP Cookies.
How Cookies are used on this blog
Cookies are used for a variety of reasons detailed below. Unfortunately, in most cases there are no industry standard options for disabling cookies without completely disabling the functionality and features they add to this site. It is recommended that you leave on all cookies if you are not sure whether you need them or not in case they are used to provide a service that you use.
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of this site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies set on this blog
The following section details which cookies that might be set through this site.
- Account related cookies: If you create an account here then cookies for the management of the signup process and general administration will be set. These cookies will usually be deleted when you log out however in some cases they may remain afterward to remember your site preferences when logged out.
- Login related cookies: When you are logged-in cookies are used to remember this fact. This prevents you from having to log in every single time you visit a new page. These cookies are typically removed or cleared when you log out to ensure that you can only access restricted features and areas when logged in.
- Email newsletters related cookies: This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribe/unsubscribed users.
- Orders processing related cookies: This site offers e-commerce or payment facilities and some cookies are essential to ensure that your order is remembered between pages so that we can process it properly.
- Forms related cookies: When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
- Site preferences cookies: In order to provide you with a great experience on this site provides the functionality to set your preferences for how this site runs when you use it. In order to remember your preferences, we need to set cookies so that this information can be called whenever you interact with a page is affected by your preferences.
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Third-party analytics are used to track and measure usage of this site so that this blog can continue to produce engaging content. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site or pages you visit which helps me to understand how I can improve the site for you.
- From time to time this blog tests new features and make subtle changes to the way that the site is delivered. When we are still testing new features these cookies may be used to ensure that you receive a consistent experience whilst on the site whilst ensuring I understand which optimizations our users appreciate the most.
- As I sell products it’s important for me to understand statistics about how many of the visitors to this site actually make a purchase and as such this is the kind of data that these cookies will track. This is important to you as it means that this site can accurately make business predictions that allow the blog to monitor our advertising and product costs to ensure the best possible price.
- The Google AdSense service we use to serve to advertise uses a DoubleClick cookie to serve more relevant ads across the web and limit the number of times that a given ad is shown to you. For more information on Google AdSense see the official Google AdSense privacy FAQ.
- This blog uses adverts to offset the costs of running this site and provide funding for further development. The behavioral advertising cookies used by this site are designed to ensure that we provide you with the most relevant adverts where possible by anonymously tracking your interests and presenting similar things that may be of interest.
- Several partners advertise on my behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow me to see if my customers have come to the site through one of my partner sites so that I can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
While using this blog, you may be asked to provide certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
The security of your Personal Information is important to me, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. I strive to always use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, however, I cannot guarantee its absolute security.
I simply ask that everyone is nice to each other while using this blog. However, I do reserve the right to remove any comments from users that I consider to be hurtful or discriminating.
All content on this blog aims to be true and accurate to the best of my knowledge, however, there may still occur omissions, errors, and mistakes.
All content provided on this blog is for informational and entertainment purposes only. I make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site.
This blog may include opinions that do not reflect the opinions of other organizations it might be affiliated with.
No information found on this site shouldn’t be seen as financial, health, nutritional, medical, legal, or any other kind of advice. I am not a professional and will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of the information from this blog.
I will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information.
I reserve the right to change the content and information on this blog at any time. Including the focus, content, and management of this blog.
These terms and conditions of use are subject to change at any time and without notice, so I encourage you to keep updated periodically. If you have any questions regarding the use of your data please contact me.
Last updated: 2020-03-18